ADSM-L

Renaming data bases -Reply

1996-06-25 15:55:11
Subject: Renaming data bases -Reply
From: Jane Dagostino-Snyder <j-dago AT CAFE.TC.UMN DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 13:55:11 -0600
My suggestion is this:  Since this is a VSAM dataset use IDCAMS to
rename it via the REPRO command, indataset being oldname and out
being newname.  Other suggestions?  Jane Dagostino-Snyder

>> Rick Tsujimoto <rtsujimoto AT CUSA.CANON DOT COM> 06/25/96 01:11pm

     Does anyone know a painless way to rename the ADSM data bases
on MVS?
     For example, I have ADSM.V1R1M0.DB1 and would like to call it
     ADSM.DB1.  I'm at V1 planning on going to V2, but I can't seem to find
     anything on this subject.

     Thanks.

  *  Rick Tsujimoto                                   *
  *  rtsujimoto AT cusa.canon DOT com                        *
  *  tel: 516-328-4554                                *
  *  fax: 516-328-4369                                *