ADSM-L

Re: How Can I Be Out of Space?

1995-11-29 09:11:19
Subject: Re: How Can I Be Out of Space?
From: "Mark A. Stevens" <xmas AT UXA.ECN.BGU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 08:11:19 -0600
On Nov 28,  5:16pm Paul Zarnowski said:
>There may be nothing wrong with your tape mount exits.  We have run into
>similar situations.  Because one of your three disk volumes was read-only,
>ADSM was unable to store any data in the disk storage pool.  However,
>because the read-only volume was part of the disk storage pool, it is
>included when determining whether to trigger migration.  2 of your 3 disk
>volumes were 100% utilized.  However, the 3rd was 0% utilized.  The disk
>storage pool was therefore 67% utilized - not high enough to trigger
>migration!  While the likelihood of a disk volume becoming read-only is low,
>it is still a possibility.  Therefore, it would be nice if ADSM migration
>were able to handle this situation better - i.e., by somehow figuring out
>that a migration is necessary.

However,?! the user (my boss of all people) when attempting to back up
his Mac, received a message that off-line media would be used. There
were no mount requests and the connection was severed, by the server I
think, since my boss left it alone after clicking on WAIT. So
"somebody" knew that cartridges were supposed to be mounted.

--
Mark A. Stevens                           Phone:    708-235-2204
Mark A. Stevens                           Phone:    708-235-2204