ADSM-L

Re: How Can I Be Out of Space?

1995-11-28 17:16:02
Subject: Re: How Can I Be Out of Space?
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 17:16:02 EST
On Tue, 28 Nov 1995 15:20:46 -0600 Mark A. Stevens said:
>Thanks to Bob Klein and Bill Colwell for their suggestions. One of the
>disk volumes (A01) was readonly and I fixed that. I need to check out
>my migration exits and such since no tape mount was requested.

Mark,

There may be nothing wrong with your tape mount exits.  We have run into
similar situations.  Because one of your three disk volumes was read-only,
ADSM was unable to store any data in the disk storage pool.  However,
because the read-only volume was part of the disk storage pool, it is
included when determining whether to trigger migration.  2 of your 3 disk
volumes were 100% utilized.  However, the 3rd was 0% utilized.  The disk
storage pool was therefore 67% utilized - not high enough to trigger
migration!  While the likelihood of a disk volume becoming read-only is low,
it is still a possibility.  Therefore, it would be nice if ADSM migration
were able to handle this situation better - i.e., by somehow figuring out
that a migration is necessary.

..Paul