ADSM-L

dialing into ADSM for a backup

1995-09-01 12:31:30
Subject: dialing into ADSM for a backup
From: Susan McClure <smcclure AT IS.RICE DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 1995 11:31:30 -0500
Can someone give me a little more detail on how I could set up users to
DIAL into our network so they could initiate ADSM backups.

Users are MAC or PC users, coming into our network via MAC-SLIP or PC-SLIP.
If they are registered to ADSM on our VM system, and they have the client ADSM
code on their workstation, how exactly would they get to ADSM and initiate a
client session to request a backup ??

I realize that this will not be a wonderfully performing function, so they
probably should restrict it to very selective backup requests.
Thanks