ADSM-L

ADSM Experiences

1995-09-01 11:36:55
Subject: ADSM Experiences
From: "paul (p.) shields" <pshields AT BNR DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 1995 15:36:55 +0000
I am looking for people who have adsm configured in an environment similiar
to ours. We are currently looking at backing up about 1.4T of data spread
across about 200 machines.

The important part is the following. Our average file size is in the 20 -
40Kb range which under our current evaluation and test environment seems to
be stressing the database on the RS/6000-based server.

Is there anyone out there with similiar average filesizes, backing up at
least several Gigs of data that would be willing to iscuss your experiences
in performance and configuring the servers for optimal performance.

Paul Shields