• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

Zoning Problem on Brocade 5100

condor

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello,
I have created a fabric of two SAN switches Brocade 5100 (Switch1 and Switch2). When I tried to create the aliases, I found that the Switch1 doesn’t see any of the ports of Switch2.
The domain ID of the 2 switches are different and the licenses are entered correctly (Fabric, Zoning, Trunking..) but when I enter in the zoning’s tab I only see the ports under Switch1 domain ID. (See attached files please)
The WWNN of all devices connected to the 2 switches are visible but the ports under the second domain ID aren’t.
In that case I can’t use hard zoning.
Could you please help me
Thank you

Attachments

Malder

Newcomer
Reaction score
What's FOS version? Why Default switch value yes? Are you using Virtual switches? Are some errors on fabric events?

Stephan

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.twosix.ca
Which ports did you use to ISL your 2 switches? It looks like your "E" port are 1,2,3 and 4 but they seem to be offline...

Nicke

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Some functions like Aliasing have been removed from Web Tools ...

... You need to use Brocade DCFM instead of Web Tools. Or you can use Brocade command-line (alicreate ...)

There is a free version of DCFM called "DCFM Professional" (< 2000 ports and 1 fabric limit). Download it from Brocade's site: http://www.brocade.com/products-sol.../product-details/dcfm-professional/index.page

Brocade did this change aroung FOS 6.1. With earlier Brocade firmware/FOS levels all most everything works with WebTools. Brocade command-line still rules!

Regards,
Nicke

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

DigitalOcean $100 Credit

Support ADSM.ORG and get DigitalOcean FREE credit. DigitalOcean currently offer a $100, 60-day Free Credit for new accounts. Sign-up here:

DigitalOcean Referral Badge

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 65 58.6%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 15 13.5%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 9 8.1%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marwo