Zoning Problem on Brocade 5100

condor

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello,
I have created a fabric of two SAN switches Brocade 5100 (Switch1 and Switch2). When I tried to create the aliases, I found that the Switch1 doesn’t see any of the ports of Switch2.
The domain ID of the 2 switches are different and the licenses are entered correctly (Fabric, Zoning, Trunking..) but when I enter in the zoning’s tab I only see the ports under Switch1 domain ID. (See attached files please)
The WWNN of all devices connected to the 2 switches are visible but the ports under the second domain ID aren’t.
In that case I can’t use hard zoning.
Could you please help me
Thank you

Attachments

• To Support.PNG
    To Support.PNG
    74.6 KB · Views: 31
  • To Support 2.PNG
    To Support 2.PNG
    68.8 KB · Views: 22
What's FOS version? Why Default switch value yes? Are you using Virtual switches? Are some errors on fabric events?

Which ports did you use to ISL your 2 switches? It looks like your "E" port are 1,2,3 and 4 but they seem to be offline...

Some functions like Aliasing have been removed from Web Tools ...

... You need to use Brocade DCFM instead of Web Tools. Or you can use Brocade command-line (alicreate ...)

There is a free version of DCFM called "DCFM Professional" (< 2000 ports and 1 fabric limit). Download it from Brocade's site: http://www.brocade.com/products-sol.../product-details/dcfm-professional/index.page

Brocade did this change aroung FOS 6.1. With earlier Brocade firmware/FOS levels all most everything works with WebTools. Brocade command-line still rules!

Regards,
Nicke

Back