Below are Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using ADSM.ORG website. Violators may be banned from this website. ADSM.ORG is a portal for computer storage management and related products. ADSM.ORG forum administrators are human and will make mistakes from time to time. However, as the benevolent dictator of the website, will always have the final say on any website related matters.
- Search before posting - Please try to use the search feature on the website prior to starting a new topic regarding a problem you are experiencing. Chances are, due to the rapid growth of the forum, your problem may have been solved already or a problem similar to it. By searching prior to posting, you will help yourself by find a solution sooner, and keep the newer problems in focus.
- Ask Questions The Smart Way - If you are new to the Internet, forums or TSM, or if you just aren't sure what kinds of questions are okay to ask and how they should be phrased, then please read Eric Raymond's Ask Questions The Smart Way for guidance on asking questions more effectively.
- Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge - (Everyone's time is valuable. Many on this forum are helping you on their personal time) If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please give thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for answer that you found helpful. The "LIKE" linking helps everyone identify helpful contents and contributors.
- Choose an appropriate subject line - Try to summarize the problem briefly in the subject, and elaborate in the message itself. Repeat the subject in the body if it will make things clearer. Do not use all caps and do not add false information just to get attention (e.g. ; IMPORTANT ! ). An example of a bad subject would be "HELP ME". A good subject might be, "Foo crashes when I do bar". Do not use a URL as a thread title.
- Use common sense - Just because it isn't explicitly stated as one of the rules below doesn't mean it's OK. Use common sense and good Netiquette when posting, replying and browsing these forums. This includes the following:
- No posts for the sole purpose of increasing your postcount.
- No "senseless" posts. Yes, its subjective. As a subjective way to help understand, if a coherent conversation cannot be read in the thread, it might be senseless.
- Please do not post SPAM/unrelated posts, thread bumping, useless one liners, flamewars, or trolling.
- Include logs and tell us commands executed - Nobody can help you if they don't know what's wrong, or what you did to get the error you recieved. Providing this information will greatly aid others in assisting you, and will allow us to diagnose your problem easier and sooner.
- Keep on topic - Keep all posts on-topic with forum/sub forum category. If you are replying about something to do with Linux for example, and someone mentions a management tool that runs in Windows, don't start talking about Windows tool, stick to the topic. Go start a new topic and post a link to the old one if there is relevant information there.
- Crossposting - Please do not post the same question to multiple forums. Crossposting clutters up the forums and makes things like searching harder for other users. If you feel your question could fit in multiple forums, please pick the best one and post there.
- Use BB Codes if you feel you can - BB Codes help to make articles more readable. For more information visit: https://adsm.org/forum/index.php?help/bb-codes
- All posts must be in English, unless posted in a specific international forum. If posting in a international forum, please use the language of that forum, and not English.
- Do not attempt to use a site sucker, an offline web browser, or any sort of tool that automatically follows links. Anyone using these tools will be banned from this website and have their IP blocked.
- Harvesting of e-mail addresses and other personal information is strictly prohibited.
- Illegal activites - Please do not discuss illegal activities. Our server is hosted in the USA and so is subject to U.S. law. Please do not expose us to any unnecessary legal liability.
- Multiple accounts - Each person should have only one account. If you get banned for some reason and simply create another account, the new account and your entire network address ranges will be blocked.
- We do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products, services, funds or donations.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.