VM backup failure

StiffBoard

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Totally new to Spectrum for VE, trying to figure things out here... looks a bit like the setup vSphere Data Protection which I've used some.

Everything Spectrum for VE related is installed on one single Windows machine.

Are all VM backups going through the Proxy? Do I need more diskspace for storing during backup or is traffic going directly to my backup server? Found a folder on my C drive during backup, C:\mnt\tsmvmbackup\fullvm\CDF_Local. Can't find in any .opt file if this is some patch I can change.

First try after setup ends with this after a couple of minutes:

ERROR ANS4174E Full VM backup of VMware Virtual Machine 'SERVERNAME' failed with RC=-1 mode=Incremental Forever

Checking in VMware and Snapshot seems to have worked fine. And luckily snapshot is removed after a failure, something VDP didn't do very well.

In the datamover error log:

03/09/2017 12:41:54 ANS9365E VMware vStorage API error for virtual machine 'V-DA'.
IBM Spectrum Protect function name : VixDiskLib_Open
IBM Spectrum Protect file : ..\..\common\vm\vmvddksdk.cpp (1868)
API return code : 13
API error message : You do not have access rights to this file
03/09/2017 12:41:59 ANS0361I DIAG: miniThreadManagerThread:VmThreadReadTop(): thread queue error: rc=107.
03/09/2017 12:42:00 ANS4174E Full VM backup of VMware Virtual Machine 'SERVERNAME' failed with RC=-1 mode=Incremental Forever - Full, target node name='VMBKP_DC1', data mover node name='VMBKP_DC1_DM'
03/09/2017 12:42:00 ANS5283E The operation was unsuccessful.

Back