• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

Unable to restore database

Hiten

ADSM.ORG Member
Hi,
I tried to upgrade TSM version 6.4.6.1 to 7.1 which got failed. So we uninstalled 7.1 and reinstalled 6.4.6.1 again. Now we have dsmserv.opt,volhist.out and devconf.out and on disk backup before upgrade initiated.

But after reinstallation of software I tried to restore tsm database (without creating new instance) getting "ANR0109E" error. When I googled found below link which ask to replace bineries but I found new installation already have icc modules available.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IC65095

Kindly check attached error and suggest.

Attachments

Hiten

ADSM.ORG Member
Hi Marclant,

Thanks for reply I checked provided link but just reinstalled the package and tried to restore the database. I do not think I need to drop database as per the link.

I think need to create another instance and then try to restore the database.

marclant

ADSM.ORG Moderator
You can do as you wish. The instructions I have provided are from the manual and are tested. It's better to delete the drop the old instance (Step 2) and then create a new instance (Step 6).

You are right that if you can keep the old instance there, and create a new one without getting rid of the old one. But now you have a system with two instances, one that is broken and one that is working. It's sloppy and can be confusing to those who go work on the system after you.

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 4 9.1%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctauber