Unable to restore database

Hiten

Unregistered / Unconfirmed
Reaction score
Hi,
I tried to upgrade TSM version 6.4.6.1 to 7.1 which got failed. So we uninstalled 7.1 and reinstalled 6.4.6.1 again. Now we have dsmserv.opt,volhist.out and devconf.out and on disk backup before upgrade initiated.

But after reinstallation of software I tried to restore tsm database (without creating new instance) getting "ANR0109E" error. When I googled found below link which ask to replace bineries but I found new installation already have icc modules available.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IC65095

Kindly check attached error and suggest.

Attachments

• Cryptograyinit.jpg
    Cryptograyinit.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 5
Hi Marclant,

Thanks for reply I checked provided link but just reinstalled the package and tried to restore the database. I do not think I need to drop database as per the link.

I think need to create another instance and then try to restore the database.

You can do as you wish. The instructions I have provided are from the manual and are tested. It's better to delete the drop the old instance (Step 2) and then create a new instance (Step 6).

You are right that if you can keep the old instance there, and create a new one without getting rid of the old one. But now you have a system with two instances, one that is broken and one that is working. It's sloppy and can be confusing to those who go work on the system after you.

Back