• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

Tapes listed as Vault status but not listed in q drm

mosiac

ADSM.ORG Member
I've got 10 tapes that have come out of my ts3310 library over the past week. I always check volumes that come out to know where to properly put them.

These tapes were all marked type: BACKUPFULL and Location: Vault. That makes sense they need to go off site.

I let the person that takes our tapes offside do periodic audits of the tapes in our "vault" to make sure we catch anything that got sent by mistake, I do this by generating a log file from q drm.

I noticed some of the tapes that have come out with vault status aren't showing up in a q drm. Shouldn't they be if they have the location vault?

THANKS

moon-buddy

ADSM.ORG Moderator
What is your TSM version?

Do you run 'del volhist' even if DRM is running or in use? If so, this may cause the problem you are experiencing.

Also, have you run 'SET DRMDBBACKUPEXPIREDAYS'

fidel

ADSM.ORG Member
I've got 10 tapes that have come out of my ts3310 library over the past week. I always check volumes that come out to know where to properly put them.

These tapes were all marked type: BACKUPFULL and Location: Vault. That makes sense they need to go off site.

I let the person that takes our tapes offside do periodic audits of the tapes in our "vault" to make sure we catch anything that got sent by mistake, I do this by generating a log file from q drm.

I noticed some of the tapes that have come out with vault status aren't showing up in a q drm. Shouldn't they be if they have the location vault?

THANKS
use "q drm source=dbb (or dbs)"

mosiac

ADSM.ORG Member
I actually meant to reply to this thread this weekend. All those tapes ended up showing up in q drm it just took a lot longer than I thought it would.

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 4 9.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andyh2468