Tapes listed as Vault status but not listed in q drm

mosiac

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I've got 10 tapes that have come out of my ts3310 library over the past week. I always check volumes that come out to know where to properly put them.

These tapes were all marked type: BACKUPFULL and Location: Vault. That makes sense they need to go off site.

I let the person that takes our tapes offside do periodic audits of the tapes in our "vault" to make sure we catch anything that got sent by mistake, I do this by generating a log file from q drm.

I noticed some of the tapes that have come out with vault status aren't showing up in a q drm. Shouldn't they be if they have the location vault?

THANKS

What is your TSM version?

Do you run 'del volhist' even if DRM is running or in use? If so, this may cause the problem you are experiencing.

Also, have you run 'SET DRMDBBACKUPEXPIREDAYS'

We're running version 7.1

And I'm not aware of any 'del volhist' commands being running.

I've got 10 tapes that have come out of my ts3310 library over the past week. I always check volumes that come out to know where to properly put them.

These tapes were all marked type: BACKUPFULL and Location: Vault. That makes sense they need to go off site.

I let the person that takes our tapes offside do periodic audits of the tapes in our "vault" to make sure we catch anything that got sent by mistake, I do this by generating a log file from q drm.

I noticed some of the tapes that have come out with vault status aren't showing up in a q drm. Shouldn't they be if they have the location vault?

THANKS

use "q drm source=dbb (or dbs)"

I actually meant to reply to this thread this weekend. All those tapes ended up showing up in q drm it just took a lot longer than I thought it would.

Back