• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

Perform DB2 backup with CLI

okriss

ADSM.ORG Member
Hello,

I would like to ask some help!

I cannot make db backup on SP 7.1.3...In the last few days, I ran into some problem with our Spectrum Protect 7.1.3 server. (DB crash, extremely slow server....etc) The last db backup expired....
The scripted dbbackup cannot be completed, but I need a backup because I have to install a new one.

How can i log in/start db2 cli on SUSE ent? ...I cannot find anything or i missed something important.

(I am not familiar with linux...)

Thank you for your help!

okriss

ADSM.ORG Member
Thanks for the link!
How can i reach that: "From the DB2 command prompt "
I can find it on WIN, but did not find on SLES 12....

okriss

ADSM.ORG Member
It only exists on Windows. On other platforms, you start with "db2 connect ..." and go from there.
I think i made a mistake. I should have used it as user who keep the instance (tsminst1). When i had used sudo su tsminst1, after I could reach the db....
Now, i have a lot of other problem with the db! :D...corrupt, did not want to let go some process...etc.
I hope the db will be consistent and i eill be able to make a db backup.

Thank you for your help!

okriss

ADSM.ORG Member
It only exists on Windows. On other platforms, you start with "db2 connect ..." and go from there.
Hello,

I was able to run an offline backup from the tsm db with db2 cli. But,t the tsm own db backup could not perform the online backup....Just hanging...The session was started, the tape was in the drive but the backed up data did not changed..."0 KB"....
I have a huge problem with my DB2 db, but i cannot figure out what the problem is. After every OS restart, the db2 make a crash recovery...and sometimes the db crashed i dont know why.
The OS is slow, the backup jobs are slow, cannot make db backup....
Not the happiest situation!
Do you have any idea what could be the problem?

Thank you!

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 53 60.9%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 7 8.0%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
srinathkodela