Perform DB2 backup with CLI

okriss

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hello,

I would like to ask some help!

I cannot make db backup on SP 7.1.3...In the last few days, I ran into some problem with our Spectrum Protect 7.1.3 server. (DB crash, extremely slow server....etc) The last db backup expired....
The scripted dbbackup cannot be completed, but I need a backup because I have to install a new one.

How can i log in/start db2 cli on SUSE ent? ...I cannot find anything or i missed something important.

(I am not familiar with linux...)

Thank you for your help!

PREDATAR Control23

Thanks for the link!
How can i reach that: "From the DB2 command prompt "
I can find it on WIN, but did not find on SLES 12....

PREDATAR Control23

Thanks for the link!
How can i reach that: "From the DB2 command prompt "
I can find it on WIN, but did not find on SLES 12....
It only exists on Windows. On other platforms, you start with "db2 connect ..." and go from there.

PREDATAR Control23

It only exists on Windows. On other platforms, you start with "db2 connect ..." and go from there.

I think i made a mistake. I should have used it as user who keep the instance (tsminst1). When i had used sudo su tsminst1, after I could reach the db....
Now, i have a lot of other problem with the db! :D...corrupt, did not want to let go some process...etc.
I hope the db will be consistent and i eill be able to make a db backup.

Thank you for your help!

PREDATAR Control23

Hello,

I was able to run an offline backup from the tsm db with db2 cli. But,t the tsm own db backup could not perform the online backup....Just hanging...The session was started, the tape was in the drive but the backed up data did not changed..."0 KB"....
I have a huge problem with my DB2 db, but i cannot figure out what the problem is. After every OS restart, the db2 make a crash recovery...and sometimes the db crashed i dont know why.
The OS is slow, the backup jobs are slow, cannot make db backup....
Not the happiest situation!
Do you have any idea what could be the problem?

Thank you!