• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

Looking for TSM Consultant for some in house or remote work.

DMobley232

ADSM.ORG Member
Hello.
We are looking for a TSM Consultant to do some work and training either at our location in Denver, CO or remotely.
Initially thinking anywhere from 8-40hours. Let me know if you know of anyone, know of companies, or you yourself is interested.

rallingham

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
I am a semi retired TSM person. I am looking to keep my fingers in the pie so if you are interested let me know. All work would have to be done remotely in my case.

DMobley232

ADSM.ORG Member
I am a semi retired TSM person. I am looking to keep my fingers in the pie so if you are interested let me know. All work would have to be done remotely in my case.
Hello and thank you for responding.
Can you send me some information regarding your background and experience? Do you work for a company or on your own?
How long have you worked with TSM? Where are you physically located at?

Things we are looking for.
1. Tell us how our current backup system is setup up and if there are any schedules setup?
2. Setup a regular backup schedule to backup primary pool to copy pool 1x a week on Friday nights
3. Train 2 of us on how to remove and checkin new tapes properly and remove offsite tapes
4. Train us on Tips and tricks to effectively manage our tsm system.
5. Help us upgrade from tsm 6.2 to 7.1.1

PM so we can trade emails if interested.

rallingham

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
I have been working with TSM for about 15 years. Five of those years were as a TSM administrator. The rest was spent installing, configuring and trouble shooting various TSM installations.

rallingham

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
I did respond to you last week, from the email you sent. I did not hear back from you. Check your junk mail in case I ended up there.

haboliveira

Active Newcomer
Hello.
We are looking for a TSM Consultant to do some work and training either at our location in Denver, CO or remotely.
Initially thinking anywhere from 8-40hours. Let me know if you know of anyone, know of companies, or you yourself is interested.
Hello,

Can i send my CV?
Pls give your email.

Regards,
Holiveira

DMobley232

ADSM.ORG Member
Still waiting for the files I asked for. the query sys and query opt and query license and query actlog
Good Morning.
I have not received any email to my work address. I have checked Junk, Clutter, and logged into our filtering service and do not see anything. Let me check my live account.

rallingham

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
I have received your emails so it is strange that you do not get mine on the reply. In any case the following should be sent along.

q sys > /tmp/qsys.txt
q opt > /tmp/qopt.txt
q act begind=-7 > /tmp/qact.txt - you will have to zip this one up for me.

DMobley232

ADSM.ORG Member
I have received your emails so it is strange that you do not get mine on the reply. In any case the following should be sent along.

q sys > /tmp/qsys.txt
q opt > /tmp/qopt.txt
q act begind=-7 > /tmp/qact.txt - you will have to zip this one up for me.
I just sent you an email.

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 53 60.9%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 7 8.0%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrescht