Exchange agent+brick-level

mabdullah

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
hi,

Does TSM support brick-level backup for Exchange 2003??? i checked the agent in my test lab but i couldnt find any configuration for that?:confused:

Yes. I use it.

Be aware that the so called brick level back up is actually ExMerge doing the PST extract from the Exchange Information store and TSM backing up the resulting PST to disk or tape.

You should find the associated brick backup documents and command syntax inside: c:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPExchange. One file is labeled: brickback.cmd.smp, and the other is brickback.doc.

but in this way by using Exmerge i must have enought disk space to handle the .pst files ....Backup Exec and Bright stor got the online brick-level backup.which i think its verey important feature for Exchange Backup.

to mabdullah:

This modules uses MAPI interface to do this. BUT, Microsoft company do not recomend use this interface in case of backup!
Does anybody knows - will Microsoft support this futures of this interface in the future? (Does anybody remember story about Exchange & NAS?).

We have a tool by Quest that allows you to restore the database to another server and then "cracks" it open to allow brick level restores, down to single mail messages.

Brickback.doc

Please can Any one Send me the BrickBack.DOC ,In which Version of TDP for Exchange its shipped .How to get this ! Kindly Advice

Back