1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

Exchange agent+brick-level

Discussion in 'TDP/Application Layer Backup' started by mabdullah, Jun 14, 2007.

1. mabdullah

mabdullah New Member

hi,

Does TSM support brick-level backup for Exchange 2003??? i checked the agent in my test lab but i couldnt find any configuration for that?:confused:

3. moon-buddy

moon-buddy Moderator

Electronics Engineer, Security Professional
    Yes. I use it.

Be aware that the so called brick level back up is actually ExMerge doing the PST extract from the Exchange Information store and TSM backing up the resulting PST to disk or tape.

You should find the associated brick backup documents and command syntax inside: c:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPExchange. One file is labeled: brickback.cmd.smp, and the other is brickback.doc.

4. mabdullah

mabdullah New Member

but in this way by using Exmerge i must have enought disk space to handle the .pst files ....Backup Exec and Bright stor got the online brick-level backup.which i think its verey important feature for Exchange Backup.

5. igor.yakovenko

igor.yakovenko New Member

to mabdullah:

This modules uses MAPI interface to do this. BUT, Microsoft company do not recomend use this interface in case of backup!
    Does anybody knows - will Microsoft support this futures of this interface in the future? (Does anybody remember story about Exchange & NAS?).

6. Dr.Phibes

Dr.Phibes New Member

We have a tool by Quest that allows you to restore the database to another server and then "cracks" it open to allow brick level restores, down to single mail messages.

7. Shhyam

Shhyam New Member

TSM Administrator
    Brickback.doc

Please can Any one Send me the BrickBack.DOC ,In which Version of TDP for Exchange its shipped .How to get this ! Kindly Advice