dsmc backup nas

MisterValloy

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post here. I have not found the above title keywords in the TSM forum. I am not a TSM expert.
I have searched and tried for many hours to fix my problem without success this far. I hope to find help here.
Simply put, I have one node of type NAS. So far I have backed it up manually. It works manually from an admin prompt.
Launched from a batch file, regardless of which windows user is launching, dsmc asks for TSM credentials.
The command is "dsmc backup nas -mode=full -optfile=C:\...NDMP.opt > C:\...NDMP-Full.log". If I answer with the TSM admin credentials, the backup of the NAS proceeds as expected. It took me some tries and errors to tune the opt file to understand the settings for the domain, the includes and excludes, but now it works. I am also using the option PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE. I have tried changing the password on both the nodes (NAS and the server launching the remote backup). I have the same result if launching from the TSM server. Same result launching in a Windows session logged as a domain admin or the Windows user running the TSM server.
When I launch the dsmc backup nas command I get "TSM Please enter a user ID with administrative authority for both of the following". "The following" means the machine node itself and the NAS node.
So if someone can point me in the right direction to make this work I would greatly appreciate the help.
Thank you.

Back