can tsm backup files in virtual machines

sersoy

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I want to backup D:\ using TSM in a virtual machines, can TSM backup the files in a virtual machine
is there any configuration that I will do.

If by that you mean treat the virtual machine like a physical machine and install the TSM Client on the guest OS. The answer is yes, you can do that. TSM doesn't recognize the difference between physical and virtual, as long as the TSM Client version you are using is supported with your version of Windows, it will work.

More info: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21239546#VMware ESX Guest

thanks for your answer, I understand I will setup tsm client to virtual windows server and then tsm will backup the files that I configure on dsm.opt

I am getting this error Error sending Verb, rc: -50

can you help me I can not backup files in virtual machine

are there any setup that we have to on server or client

thanks,
I want to backup D:\ in virtual machine but I get error TCP/IP communincation error, The machine is virtual and files are on storage.
I want to backup D:\directory

So, I'll assume you are doing this inside the guest.

What's the full error message(s) you are getting. TCP/IP communication error is pretty generic.

06/20/2016 16:27:54 ANS2050E TSM needs to prompt for the password but cannot prompt because the process is running in the background.
06/20/2016 16:27:54 ANS2050E TSM needs to prompt for the password but cannot prompt because the process is running in the background.
06/20/2016 16:27:54 ANS1029E Communication with the TSM server is lost.
06/20/2016 16:34:59 sessSendVerb: Error sending Verb, rc: -50
06/20/2016 16:34:59 ANS1809W A session with the TSM server has been disconnected. An attempt will be made to reestablish the connection.

06/20/2016 16:34:59 sessSendVerb: Error sending Verb, rc: -50
06/20/2016 16:34:59 ANS1809W A session with the TSM server has been disconnected. An attempt will be made to reestablish the connection.

this is my log after 16:30 the other is another problem it is solved

I think I have to make some setups on virtual client but I do not know

Try to do a manual backup first, worry about the scheduler later. Start a Windows Command Prompt and issue:
cd /d "c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient"
dsmc i d:

Let us know what happens, need full error messages if it fails.

I have E drive when I run script like this cd /e "c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient it is waiting

screenshot

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 3
I can not switch E:\ problem can be this? E:\ is the storage space, I map it to virtual computer

You have a syntax error. Reread my commands and type them as shown.

Back