• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

BFS File Content Save/Dump

jneetz

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

We completed a migration for an older CMOD Product with TSM to upgraded servers and versions ( also went from LINUX to Window ), migrated 5 years of data by using CMOD Export and re-loading.

Question now:
For customer requirements we need to save the data over 5+ year old now
However we don't just want to hang on to the old LINUX/CMOD/TSM systems and boot up if ever needed

Is there a way to dump the files from the *.bfs files if ever needed without going through then CMOD to see them
I realize they may be in just a /DOC/49FAARC format and would have to physically view it to see it.

I use tsm QUERY CONTENT to see what's inside, can that content then be exported with a TSM Command

Or of course any other suggestion to just save the data for later access if unlikely chance if needed

jneetz

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Another thought then

We have years data in Cache Storage left also which may be enough

Is that data possible to read on it's own ( it appears encrypted )

Thanks again
John

jneetz

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Oh sorry, I'll continue my post to OnDemand CMOD User group
OnDemands Cache storage before going to TSM

So different place than

Thanks for your help

marclant

ADSM.ORG Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.ibm.com
Ah ok. You had me confused. It's possible to cache active objects in a storage pool, but I couldn't see how it could apply here. Now it makes sense, you are talking about a different cache :)

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

DigitalOcean $100 Credit

Support ADSM.ORG and get DigitalOcean FREE credit. DigitalOcean currently offer a $100, 60-day Free Credit for new accounts. Sign-up here:

DigitalOcean Referral Badge

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 65 60.7%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 13 12.1%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 9 8.4%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
london