BFS File Content Save/Dump

jneetz

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

We completed a migration for an older CMOD Product with TSM to upgraded servers and versions ( also went from LINUX to Window ), migrated 5 years of data by using CMOD Export and re-loading.

Question now:
For customer requirements we need to save the data over 5+ year old now
However we don't just want to hang on to the old LINUX/CMOD/TSM systems and boot up if ever needed

Is there a way to dump the files from the *.bfs files if ever needed without going through then CMOD to see them
I realize they may be in just a /DOC/49FAARC format and would have to physically view it to see it.

I use tsm QUERY CONTENT to see what's inside, can that content then be exported with a TSM Command

Or of course any other suggestion to just save the data for later access if unlikely chance if needed

Is there a way to dump the files from the *.bfs files if ever needed without going through then CMOD to see them
No.
However we don't just want to hang on to the old LINUX/CMOD/TSM systems and boot up if ever needed
That's the only way you can do it if you want to hold on to it.

Another thought then

We have years data in Cache Storage left also which may be enough

Is that data possible to read on it's own ( it appears encrypted )

Thanks again
John

Not sure what you mean by Cache Storage?

Oh sorry, I'll continue my post to OnDemand CMOD User group
OnDemands Cache storage before going to TSM

So different place than

Thanks for your help

Ah ok. You had me confused. It's possible to cache active objects in a storage pool, but I couldn't see how it could apply here. Now it makes sense, you are talking about a different cache :)

Back