Audit library

ANR8941W
The volume from slot-element element-address in drive drive name in library library name is blank. Explanation: The volume in the slot is not labelled and is blank.

You added the 3 scratch without labelling them. Audit library is working fine. You should use label libvolume (your last post) instead of checkin when adding new unlabelled tapes.

In your previous post 752vvvl3 was in the I/O door. It is still there?
Do a 'query volhistory' then pipe the result to a 'grep 752VVVL3'. What is the last entry found?

Rore: Kudos for sticking with this thread. I will be following it to the end to see if masterixx can pick up what you are saying. I have my doubts.

I would have posted the link to the admin guide long ago.

Hi Rwhtmv,

I read everything: TSM implementation guide, administrator guide, administrator reference and redbook.

All information provided by Rore I've already tried. Has told me nothing new. Whether the tape is in I/O or not - does not matter.

Rore

My admin shced delete volhist is with parameter: todate=today-2 and don't have information for 752vvvl3 tape
and tape 752vvvl3 is not in I/O door.

Thank you for your help and patience :)

Rwhtmv, thanks.

Masterixx, if you don't have 752vvvl3 in your volhistory and it is not a storage pool volume and it is not in (select * from drmedia), then it is a scratch volume. Wether it is labelled or not, from the information you provided I cannot determine it.

We are in post #24 and, from the information you provided, there is no issue in your environment. As I said, audit inventory is working fine. You should use label libvolume instead of checkin when adding new unlabelled tapes. If this is not new for you, why you did it and claim that audit library is not working fine?

Where is 752vvvl3? If you have free slots in your library checkin it as a scratch, with checklabel=yes (to verify if internal label is there and if it match barcode label).
Hopefully we will find out if there is really an issue in your env.

Last edited:
If 752vvvl3 is nowhere in volhistory, use "overwrite=yes" while labeling...

Tariq

Back