Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Any body have script to accomplish following ?

2010-08-22 21:46:29
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Any body have script to accomplish following ?
From: Harpreet SINGH <harpreet_singh AT ctl.creative DOT com>
To: "Chapa, David" <David.Chapa AT netapp DOT com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 09:46:17 +0800
Dear All,

Not sure, may be this script can help you.

        (See attached file: Net_Backup_Total_Report.sh)

With Warm Regards
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Harpreet Singh Chana

Phone  :     (O) 6895 - 4326
Fax       :     (O) 6895 - 4991
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Notice
privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this
message by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended
recipient,  any disclosure,  copying or distribution of the message,  or
any action taken by you in reliance on it,  is prohibited and may be
unlawful.  If you have received this message in error,  please delete it
and contact the sender immediately.  Thank you.

             "Chapa, David"
             <David.Chapa@neta
             pp.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  "bolobaboo kabootar"
             veritas-bu-bounce         <bolobaboo AT gmail DOT com>,

             s AT mailman.eng DOT aub         <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn
DOT edu>
             urn.edu                                                    cc

                                                                   Subject
             08/20/2010 10:27          Re: [Veritas-bu] Any body have
             PM                        script to accomplish following ?

As you can see from the creation date, we're in the "way back machine"
on this one.

The construct should still work, Class is the policy - so you should be
able to tweak this one to get the output you're looking for.

Hope that helps

-chapa
----

#!/bin/ksh
#********************************************************************
# Filename:              data_backed_up
#
# Purpose:               Determine amount of data being backed up with
#                                NetBackup for both Full and Incremental
#                                schedules.
#
# Author: David A. Chapa
#
# Revision History:
# 06/26/98               Initial Creation
# 11/17/98               dac:Updated design and added more functionality
#*******************************************************************
#
KBYTES=0
FULLS=/tmp/fullbackups
INCRM=/tmp/incrmbackups
HEADER=/tmp/workfil.kb
OUTPUT=/tmp/data_jobs
OUTPUT1=/tmp/data_backup_full
OUTPUT2=/tmp/data_backup_incrm
ALLBKUPS=/tmp/allbkups
#
if [ -f $OUTPUT ];then
rm $OUTPUT
fi
if [ -f $OUTPUT1 ];then
rm $OUTPUT1
fi
#
if [ -f $OUTPUT2 ];then
rm $OUTPUT2
fi
echo " CLIENT       KBytes      CLASS       SCHEDULE      DATE
COMPLETED" > $HEADER
echo
"=======================================================================
" >> $HEADER
#
#                Find the successful Backups (Status 0 and 1) minus any
unnecessary data
#
#bperror -hoursago 120 -backstat -U| fgrep -vi daily | fgrep -v "(" |
#
bperror -hoursago 120 -backstat -U | fgrep -v "(" > $ALLBKUPS
#
#                Find FULL Backups first
#
cat $ALLBKUPS | fgrep -vi daily |
#
#                This regular expression excludes any status code between   2
and
9
#                with two spaces in front to the number.
#
grep -v ^"\ \{2,\}[2-9]\{2\}" |
#
#                This regular expression excludes any status code between  00
and
99
#                with one space in front to the number
#
grep -v ^"\ \{1,\}[0-9]\{2\}" |
#
#                This regular expression excludes any status code between 000
and
999
#                with no spaces in front to the number
#
grep -v ^"[0-9]\{3\}" > $FULLS
#
#                Then puts all of this in a file called fullbackups
#
#                Now find the Incrementals
#
cat $ALLBKUPS | fgrep -vi weekly | fgrep -vi monthly | fgrep -vi year |
grep -v ^"\ \{2,\}[2-9]\{2\}" |
grep -v ^"\ \{1,\}[0-9]\{2\}" |
grep -v ^"[0-9]\{3\}" > $INCRM

dupclient=""

for i in $FULLS $INCRM
do
cat $i | tail +2 | while read status client class schedule server date
time
do
  if [ "$client" != "$dupclient" ];then
                 bperror -d $date -e $date $time -client $client -server
$server
| grep Kbytes |
                 awk -F\, '{print $4}' | awk '{print $1}' | while read total
                  do
                   KBYTES=`expr $total + $KBYTES`
                  done
                 printf '%-12s' $client >> $OUTPUT