Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] SAN Switch Change caused NBU7 to lose tape drives

2010-07-08 17:16:23
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] SAN Switch Change caused NBU7 to lose tape drives
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 21:16:16 +0000
On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 04:24:59PM -0400, Brandon35 wrote:

> Im having tape drives show up with the same BUS address...
>
> Drive 1 Location: Bus Number 0, Target ID 1, LUN 0
> Drive 2 Location: Bus Number 0, Target ID 2, LUN 0
> Drive 3 Location: Bus Number 0, Target ID 3, LUN 0
> Drive 4 Location: Bus Number 0, Target ID 4, LUN 0
> Drive 5 Location: Bus Number 0, Target ID 5, LUN 0
> Drive 6 Location: Bus Number 0, Target ID 1, LUN 0
> Drive 7 Location: Bus Number 0, Target ID 2, LUN 0
> Drive 8 Location: Bus Number 0, Target ID 3, LUN 0
> Drive 9 Location: Bus Number 0, Target ID 4, LUN 0

I believe that the specific HBA is not shown here.  Every drive needs to
have a unique PORT/BUS/TARGET/LUN combo, but you're not seeing the first
bit.

If you look at 'scan -tape' output, you should see it:

media6$ scan -tape | grep ^Port
Port: 3; Bus: 0; Target: 4; LUN: 1
Port: 3; Bus: 0; Target: 4; LUN: 2
Port: 3; Bus: 0; Target: 4; LUN: 3