Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] SAN Switch Change caused NBU7 to lose tape drives

2010-07-08 17:27:38
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] SAN Switch Change caused NBU7 to lose tape drives
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 21:27:27 +0000
The -1 -1 -1 says that it has lost the info on the drive.

Try it by hand via the gui

Go devices
Drives
Open up a drive that shows -1 -1 -1 for one of your windows servers

>From that window highlight the line for the media server that shows the -1's
Choose remove

Say ok

Let it update.

Once that is done double click it again and open it up

Now choose add
Choose your media server
It should show you ONLY that tape drive that matches via serial number.
Chose it and do the ok's to save and update.