Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] SAN Switch Change caused NBU7 to lose tape drives

2010-07-08 20:31:24
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] SAN Switch Change caused NBU7 to lose tape drives
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 00:31:16 +0000
On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 05:56:37PM -0400, Brandon35 wrote:

> A Darren Dunham,
>
> My environment looks like this:
[snip]

I can't help you specifically, I just think about things like this:

Netbackup DB (tpconfig/vmoprcmd)
generic scsi ("scan")
OS presentation (MS device manager, Linux tape devices)
fiber drivers (driver specific utilities)
physical connectivity

Each layer requires the one below (with things very muddled in the
"generic scsi" and tape driver/OS areas), so the different tools can be used to
help find where things might be bogging down.

> Master1 Solaris
> Media1 Linux
> Media2 Windows
> Media3 Windows
> Media4 Windows
> Media5 Windows
>
> Running tape -scan on each shows:
>
> Master1 : 0, but the netbackup gui finds 7...

You mean running the discovery wizard with that as the media server says
it sees 7 tape drives even though "scan -tape" sees 0?  That one I can't
explain.

--
Darren