Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup hostname change

2004-12-18 23:32:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup hostname change
From: naidu AT iitcoman DOT com (Naidu V. T.)
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 08:32:35 +0400
Hi Gurus

Currently we have Netbackup 4.5 MP Master/Media Servers, 1 Master Server  kfsrv
 (Windows 2000) & 6 Media Servers (5 windows 2000) & 1 Sun Solaris ,
 all connected with SAN in SSO.

We want to upgrade to 5.1 so that it can supporting win 2003 environ and  the
current master server kfsrv is also an oracle application server(dual  role)
and there is lot of performance issues , we wanted independent  Master Server.
So the idea is to keep the current master server, tapes and  catalog intact.

 Go for a new master server and  reinstall all media servers and start
 backup fresh with new tapes and not to migrate as we cannot use the same
hostname & ip (kfsrv) as it will continued in network as oracle application

 In-case if we need any old backup images ( very rare) then we can always
connect the old master server and use the saved catalogue to retrieve data.

 We don't want to migrate to the existing system as we have to change the
hostname and ip as it is used by the oracle application.

 Pl. suggest whether we can proceed with this.

 Regards

 V.T.Naidu