Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Will NB Enterprise work on WinXP Pro as master server

2004-12-17 16:41:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Will NB Enterprise work on WinXP Pro as master server
From: Bobby.Williams AT gtsi DOT com (Bobby Williams)
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 16:41:50 -0500
It may sound silly, but I was wondering if anyone knows if NB Enterprise
4.5 FP6 would work on a WinXP Pro as the master server.

I only have Solaris servers running as master servers now.  I have a
large number of WinTel clients.  I thought that it would be a good way
to update client software by adding a master server on a windows
platform.  Due to license issues in the MS world, I don't have any Win2K
server licenses.

I do however have some XP systems that could be used as a master server.

Thanks.

Bobby Williams
Senior Systems Engineer
GTSI Corp, State and Local, Southeast