Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiplexing

2002-05-21 11:26:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiplexing
From: rlh AT lsil DOT com (Richard Hellier)
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 16:26:12 +0100
--------------6DD05A12EB1B877965736DDA

Martin,
        When you saw the l-o-n-g restore times, did you also have
a non-zero fragment size set?

Cheers,

Richard.

"Alvarez, Martin BGI SDC" wrote:

> David..  I agree with your comments.  We have a serious reliance on
> restoring data from tape rather then grow our online copies to a sufficient
> level where we can do disk restores.  That being said, when we tested
> multiplexing we saw almost a doubling of the restore time from what it
> normally took in a single stream backup.
> This was unacceptable to the user community so MPX was not an option for us.
>
> Martin
--------------6DD05A12EB1B877965736DDA

begin:vcard
n:Hellier;Richard
tel;pager:[+44] 7693-905798
tel;fax:[+44] 1344-413114
tel;work:[+44] 1344-413183
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:LSI Logic;GES UNIX Europe
version:2.1
email;internet:rlh AT lsil DOT com
adr;quoted-printable:;;Greenwood House=0D=0ALondon Road;Bracknell;BK;RG12 2UB;GB
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Richard Hellier
end:vcard

--------------6DD05A12EB1B877965736DDA--