Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiplexing

2002-05-21 11:54:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiplexing
From: david AT datastaff DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 11:54:32 -0400
Exactly, I defer to one of my original replies to this thread.

"WORD TO THE WISE:  Do the math before you set your MPX value...What is your
network speed, what is your drive speed, how many MPX before you start seeing
diminishing returns.  If you are sending too many MPX streams to the drive you
will end up with WAITING FOR EMPTY BUFFERS in your bptm log on your media
server, thus meaning that your drive can't keep up.  Alternatively speaking if
you have WAITING FOR FULL BUFFERS, then perhaps you can increase your MPX
value, but remember balance is the key when you look to tune your environment."

Thanks Larry.

Chapa