Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiplexing

2002-05-21 11:07:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiplexing
From: Martin.Alvarez AT barclaysglobal DOT com (Alvarez, Martin BGI SDC)
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 08:07:30 -0700
David..  I agree with your comments.  We have a serious reliance on
restoring data from tape rather then grow our online copies to a sufficient
level where we can do disk restores.  That being said, when we tested
multiplexing we saw almost a doubling of the restore time from what it
normally took in a single stream backup.
This was unacceptable to the user community so MPX was not an option for us.

Martin