Networker

Re: [Networker] nsrjb -R not recycling volume in 7.4.3?

2008-11-12 16:01:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsrjb -R not recycling volume in 7.4.3?
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 15:58:33 -0500
The library is obviously not 'auto-inventorying' the slots the new tapes
are being imported to as you think they are... It simply sees new tapes
that it knows no details of. Networker expects a blank tape and then
sees one with a label... If you inventory the slots before you attempt
to re-label them, your label command should work. This is what we had to
do when our library did not have a barcode readers or prior to 7.x where
the communication between Networker and the tape library was not as
robust as it seems to be 7.x ... Maybe that bar-code reader 'feature' is
not enabled on your library configuration. Ours is, and when I upgraded
to 7.x, it began to recognize tapes by their barcode as soon as they
were imported from the mail-slots... Which allowed us to skip the normal
inventory step we used to do when importing expired tapes into the
library...