Networker

Re: [Networker] VCB & Networker

2008-10-07 09:44:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] VCB & Networker
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 08:43:34 -0500
Hello,
Just couple of days ago, someone posted a details on VCB backup method for
networker on this list, please review, my understanding is you will need
to have all VM DATASTORE seen by your proxy server and the lun numbers on
VM must match on the proxy server as seen by VM, i do think though that
having a separate proxy for VM backups may be advisable.
Just a start.
HTH

tkutil <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
10/07/2008 08:31 AM
Please respond to
NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
VCB & Networker

I am trying to configure VCB with Networker and of course running into
issue, mainly due to my lack of understanding.

I installed VCB and the networker initiator on my Networker server, which
I think then makes my networker server also my VCB proxy.

Since my VM datastore is on a SAN connected by iSCSI should my Networker
server also have access to the SAN LUN with iSCSI initiator?

I created a client and added to it's own group. When I run the group I
keep getting this error:
'save_vcb.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command

Does this mean that one of the scripts cannot find the loadpoint for
Networker?

I'm definately confused...

|This was sent by troy.kutil AT milwaukeetool DOT com via Backup Central.

type