Networker

[Networker] nsrclone

2007-05-03 10:05:03
Subject: [Networker] nsrclone
From: NetWorker Forum <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 07:04:51 -0700
We implemented a switchover from Veritas to NW and now we are looking to move
off NW after 2 months. We found yet another bug that causes data loss. We are
running 7.3.2 Jumbo 11.

Below is the stdout from the nsrclone command on one ssid, run from the command
line. As you can see it encountered an error but then verbally says that the
clone finished successfully and the return code is zero indicating success. We
tried to restore from this clone and it was missing 9GB's of 16GB's. We have
opened a case with EMC and submitted a bug report but after looking through the
daemon logs there are other instances of this happening. We were using scripts
to automate the cloning. The script checked the return code of each clone to
verify and ran an mminfo to check flags too but there is a major bug in the
nsrclone command.

Starting cloning operation...

  ...from storage node: socdlsvra

nsrclone: error, Bad or missing record in save set 2838334395, lost 9861698379
bytes starting from offset 6935989492.

nsrclone: Cannot open nsrclone session with soslxbkp01.howost.strykercorp.com

nsrclone: Cannot open nsrclone session with soslxbkp01.howost.strykercorp.com.
Error is 'Bad or missing record in save set 2838334395, lost 9861698379 bytes
starting from offset 6935989492.'

nsrclone: Successfully cloned all requested save sets

nsrclone: Clones were written to the following volume(s):

        OI630UBK
root@soslxbkp01:/nsr/scripts> echo $?
0
root@soslxbkp01:/nsr/scripts>