Networker

[Networker] Lock/unlock mailbox

2005-10-06 11:08:31
Subject: [Networker] Lock/unlock mailbox
From: Hildegard Gerlach <hildegard.gerlach AT JRC DOT IT>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 16:57:45 +0200
Hi,

we are running Legato 7.2 on a Windows 2003 Server with a Dell PowerVault 136T tape library which has a mailbox with 12 slots. I have the problem to unlock the mailbox:

The mailbox ist always locked, only switching off and on the library unlocks it. The description in the DELL Manual Locking/Unlocking the mailbox (inMain menu -> Service -> Library -> Diags -> Sensors) had no effect.

I read something about a SCSI command Prevent/Allow Medium Removal which should be issued from the host application software. I have no idea where I should find this command. I don't know if my problem is in Legato or from DELL.

Any help appreciated.

Hilde

"signoff networker" in the