Networker

Re: [Networker] Lock/unlock mailbox

2005-10-10 07:43:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] Lock/unlock mailbox
From: Conrad Macina <conrad.macina AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 07:33:52 -0400
I'm shooting in the dark here because I've never seen a Dell 136T library,
but some tape libraries have an option to use the mailbox slots as regular
slots, disabling the mailbox feature entirely.

Specifically, the StorageTek L-20 has a physical latch that holds the
mailbox (also called a "CAP", Catridge Access Port) closed, coupled with a
menu selection to use the (single) CAP port as a regular slot. You might
want to check if the 136T has something similar.

Conrad Macina
Pfizer, Inc.

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 16:57:45 +0200, Hildegard Gerlach
<hildegard.gerlach AT JRC DOT IT> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>we are running Legato 7.2 on a Windows 2003 Server with a Dell
>PowerVault 136T tape library which has a mailbox with 12 slots. I have
>the problem to unlock the mailbox:
>
>The mailbox ist always locked, only switching off and on the library
>unlocks it.
>The description in the DELL Manual Locking/Unlocking the mailbox (inMain
>menu -> Service -> Library -> Diags -> Sensors) had no effect.
>
>I read something about a SCSI command Prevent/Allow Medium Removal which
>should be issued from the host application software. I have no idea
>where I should find this command. I don't know if my problem is in
>Legato or from DELL.
>
>Any help appreciated.
>
>Hilde
>
>To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and
>type
"signoff networker" in the
>body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT
>edu if
you have any problems