Networker

[Networker] Restoring files from File server to NAS or to machine's remote drive

2004-11-17 22:20:25
Subject: [Networker] Restoring files from File server to NAS or to machine's remote drive
From: Rahul Parasnis <rahulparasnis AT MSN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:18:07 +0900
Hello ,

We have Two Networker servers , one file server is in Networker server 1
I took the tape and put in Networket Server 2 , created the same pool , run
the scanner command , rebuild the index everything went fine .
Now when I am trying to restore this data to mapped network drive using
directed recover ,

I am getting an error .
The security ID structure is invalid.'
Unknown error 1337 (0x539)

Which is related to NAS , we are checking with NAS vendor EMC about it ,  I
tried to restore file to another windows machine but to mapped drive .

I got error as
unknown error 5 ( 0X5 )

I checked at following URL which mentions acces is denied .
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/debug/base/system_error_codes__1300-1699_.asp

I used Domain admin account, local sysetm account with same result . I don't
understand why I can not restore file to different machine's remote drive .

This operation is necessary for us to migrate data to NAS as it maintains
the ACL's .

best regards,
Rahul