Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem with jbconfig on Solaris 9

2003-05-14 09:27:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem with jbconfig on Solaris 9
From: Terry Lemons <lemons_terry AT EMC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 09:15:45 -0400
Hi Stan

Make sure that the block size of the SCSI HBA used on your new Solaris
NetWorker server is the same as that of your old Tru64 NetWorker Server.

Also, for giggles, try running scanner over the tape in don't-write-to-disk
mode.  You may want to do this on both your old and new NetWorker servers.
If you get different results, find out why before moving forward.  It's
important to fix this now, or you may not be able to read with confidence
any of your already-written tapes.

Good luck
tl