ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1 De-dupe + NDMP

2009-12-03 15:35:06
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1 De-dupe + NDMP
From: "Brian P. Boyd" <boydbria AT DUKE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 15:34:22 -0500
I'm not completely sure if the Celerra compresses the data, but I know
that to play nicely with TSM I had to set up a
server_param server_2 -facility NDMP -modify snapsure -value 1  on the
Celerra's control station.

Which effectively told the Celerra to do a snapshot before sending the
data to TSM.

Now if that is the case, and it truly is a snapshot based off of
changed delta's but not the whole fileset, I could see that each
snapshot that is backed up is not able to deduplicate...

I don't have much experience with the way NetApp's do their backups
with NDMP but I'm wondering if it is the same way, and of course how
others are doing theirs and if it is indeed de-duplicating or not.

Thanks,
Brian