ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Backing up EVA storage without TSM Clients

2009-12-03 12:47:02
Subject: [ADSM-L] Backing up EVA storage without TSM Clients
From: Mario Behring <mariobehring AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 09:46:01 -0800
Hi list,

I have an EVA Storage that I need to backup because of a hardware upgrade that
will take place.

I was thinking about using TSM to backup all data on this Storage before the
EVA hardware upgrade.

My question is....there are many servers connected on this Storage using its
disks.....how can I use TSM to backup all data on the storage without having to
install TSM Clients on every server that uses it? Consider that there are
several VMware virual machines that also have its data on this EVA storage.

Can I backup the data directly from the EVA using TSM? Is there any other TSM
product that does that?

Any help is appreciated.

Mario