ADSM-L

Re: Restore vol and Move process not working

2006-11-02 13:52:59
Subject: Re: Restore vol and Move process not working
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 13:48:41 -0500
On Nov 2, 2006, at 1:35 PM, Timothy Hughes wrote:

So, I gather from this I can delete  (Delete vol discard=yes)?

Tim - I would confer with the owner of the data...

If it's still a file resident on the client then, sure, delete the
volume, where the file will be backed up next time.  If a valuable
file and no longer on the client, I would try the Move Data on all
available drives, to see if any one of them can manage to copy it,
before considering destroying the only instance of the file in
existence.

  Richard Sims