ADSM-L

Re: DS4100 config for TSM DB

2006-11-02 13:45:28
Subject: Re: DS4100 config for TSM DB
From: Dave Canan <ddcanan AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 10:43:42 -0800
        For a database LUN, I would choose a segment size as small as you
can go. I believe the smallest that is allowed is 8K. The database usually
has random read and writes of a 4KB page.

        For the cache read ahead, you can actually turn this off by
setting it to a value of 0. Hopefully, if the database has good cache hit
percentages, then most of the data base pages will be satisfied from the
bufpool, and not be required to be read from the DS4100 disk.