ADSM-L

Re: Restore vol and Move process not working

2006-11-02 13:39:31
Subject: Re: Restore vol and Move process not working
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 13:35:50 -0500
Bos, David  Thanks,

query content 100111 copied=yes  (results)
ANR2034E QUERY CONTENT: No match found using this criteria.

query content 100111 copied=no  (results
Node Name        Type  Filespace   FSID  Client's Name for
File
                      Name
---------------  ----  ----------  ----
--------------------------------------
SPIRIT211      Bkup  /u16          22  /oradata/archive/spiritp/
spiritp1_66
                                         453_538831729.arc

The move process is skipping a damaged file on
                      volume 100111: Node SPIRIT211, Type Backup, File
space
                      /u16, File name /oradata/archive/spiritp/
spiritp1_66453
                      _538831729.arc.(SESSION: 72427, PROCESS:
941)

So, I gather from this I can delete  (Delete vol discard=yes)?

Thanks,

Regards

Tim

David E Ehresman wrote:

And you can confirm that with:
 q cont 100111 copied=no
 q cont 100111 copied=yes

If the 2nd command reports any files, you still have some recovery to
do before deleting 100111.

David

"Bos, Karel" <Karel.Bos AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM> 11/2/2006 11:28 AM >>>

Hi,

Delete vol discard=yes. If all the steps to recover this tape are
correctly followed, the only thing left on this volume should be
damaged
file(s) NOT residing in any copy stg pool.

Regards,

Karel