ADSM-L

Re: DB & LOG Volume layout - new

2006-01-24 14:29:16
Subject: Re: DB & LOG Volume layout - new
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 14:28:55 -0500
>> On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 15:43:57 +0100, Dirk Kastens <Dirk.Kastens AT
>> UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE> said:

> How do you get the occupancy of a database volume? With Q DBVOL I only
> see the available space (size of the formatted volume) and the allocated
> space (what is assigned to the database). In my case both are the same
> for all volumes.

OK, I'll just blush there.  What I was describing was incorrect.  I've
got a little space unallocated on all of my databases, for a rainy
day, and that appearance is similar to what I was describing.

I still think Paul is right, though.  If I wave my hands really hard,
will that convince you?  Or do I need a Ph.D.?

- Allen S. Rout