ADSM-L

Re: Copy storage pool in a SAN

2004-04-05 19:37:52
Subject: Re: Copy storage pool in a SAN
From: "Tantlevskiy,Sergey,GLENDALE,GLOBE Center AMS" <Sergey.Tantlevskiy AT US.NESTLE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 16:37:42 -0700
No, it does not work. Per IBM, if you have COPYSTGPOOL defined for a primary
Stg Pool and you attempt to perform LAN free backup to this primary Stg
Pool, it  _should_ queitly revert to LAN path and then
write to both primary and copy pools.

In reality, this appears to be behaving like this only in 5.2.x.

In 5.1.x it does not revert to LAN, but it also does not write to copy stg
pool :) Also, it keeps it in secret - no messages, errors, nothing. I am
still waiting for the APAR to be opened for this, for the
ref my PMR # is 59035,227.

Regards,
Sergey