ADSM-L

Share permissions lost while restoring data

2002-10-25 14:28:36
Subject: Share permissions lost while restoring data
From: prasanna S ghanekar <gpresy AT LYCOS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:26:11 -0400
Hello All,
I'm running TSM BA Client 5.1.1 on WIndows NT 4.0 server. I was trying to do a
restore of a shared directory with sub-dir and files. I did choose Restore to
original location, data came back fine but share was not restored, only file
permissions were retained. This was performed using TSM B/A GUI client.

Also, when I tried to restore data from one server to some other server and
when I chose "Restore to original Location" it still went back to the original
server.
So, I tried using "Virtual Node" option in dsm.opt file. It did the same thing
again. When I used "Restore to following Location" and specified local drive,
data was restored without the share being created.

Am I doing anything wrong ?? I guess I do.
Need your HELP to fix this as I'd like to migrate a server in the near future.

Thanks in Advance,

Prasanna Ghanekar
EDS

Get 250 full-color business cards FREE right now!
http://businesscards.lycos.com