ADSM-L

Re: drm operator scripts

2002-10-25 14:33:05
Subject: Re: drm operator scripts
From: Matt Simpson <msimpson AT UKY DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:30:49 -0400
At 2:04 PM -0400 10/25/02, Prather, Wanda wrote:
I guess the other thing you could do, would be to take the list of tapes in
VAULTRETRIEVE status, generate commands to check them in as PRIVATE , THEN
compare the list of LIBVOLS against the list still in VAULTRETRIEVE to make
sure they all got back.  THEN move them to ONSITE RETRIEVE.  But that will
require some pretty messy scripting, also.

Hmm ...  Can I check in a tape as private while it's in VaultRetrieve
or CourierRetrieve? If I can do that, then I can generate a list of
tapes in VaultRetrieve, move them to CourierRetrieve, and generate
commands to check them in.  If the checkin is successful, then I
presumably have all my tapes back, and can move the whole list to
OnsiteRetrieve.  If the checkin fails, I need to go looking for
tapes. Does this make sense?
--

Matt Simpson --  OS/390 Support
219 McVey Hall  -- (859) 257-2900 x300