ADSM-L

Re: LTO don't need clean up?

2002-06-05 01:47:25
Subject: Re: LTO don't need clean up?
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 08:41:15 +0300
If you read carefully library maintenance manual you would find that
library requires a cartridge with specific label (starting with CLNI, i.e.
CLNI39 is the one I've used last week) and performs cleaning
automatically. So set CLEANFREQ=NONE as Mark pointed. Those of you WITH
3584 may have overlooked that base frame is with 141-281 slots according
to IBM Announcement but capacity is 14-28TB, not 14.1-28.1. This is again
due to one slot occupied by cleaning cartridge for library automatic
cleaning.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant