ADSM-L

Re: vaulting problem

2001-08-03 11:16:39
Subject: Re: vaulting problem
From: Robin Sharpe <Robin_Sharpe AT BERLEX DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 11:16:44 -0400
>We will be assigned a range of slots.  We tell them what tapes to put in
>what slots, so it's under our control -- but we also have to keep track.

I suppose it would be possible to write a basic script to manage that.  It
would have to keep its own database of course (although probably a single
flat file would work).  Check out Autovault... it may handle that for you
(for a price).

Speaking of bad vault vendors,  the one we had a couple of years ago (who
shall remain nameless) when we first started using ADSM, actually placed
their own hand-written gummed labels over our barcodes!  I mean, how dumb
is that?

Needless to say, we have taken our business elsewhere... to Vital Records
Inc., who I can highly recommend.

Robin Sharpe
Berlex Laboratories